As your channel grows it may become important to legally protect your brand and channel name by registering a trademark. So I talked with a trademark lawyer about how to trademark your YouTube channel name, when to do it, what the process entails, and factors to consider if you even need to do it in the first place. We even get into a bit of the difference between copyright, trademark, and wordmarks and which one is appropriate for protecting your brand and presence on YouTube. While this conversation pertains mostly to creators based in the United States, the principles are relevant for any creator in any country.
Reach out to Kenneth Kunkle for trademarking services at http://kunklelaw.com/lp/trademark-registration-services/
OTHER IMPORTANT LEGAL TOPICS FOR YOUTUBE CREATORS
– Legal Terms for Avoiding Brand Deal and MCN Headaches: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ntUthB3clo&list=PLvxDZJe1lbab5cgkwVUgX_7irPl-IyKpZ&index=4
– How To Never Have your Channel Taken Down: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0V9KwqvFdl0&list=PLvxDZJe1lbab5cgkwVUgX_7irPl-IyKpZ&index=6
– Why You Need a Good YouTube Accountant: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsnBf29zkf4&list=PLvxDZJe1lbab5cgkwVUgX_7irPl-IyKpZ&index=2
– When To Turn your Channel Into a Business: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1FGz-ZSJFY&list=PLvxDZJe1lbab5cgkwVUgX_7irPl-IyKpZ&index=1
SUBSCRIBE to learn how to grow your YouTube channel!
FREE EBOOK: “The Secret to Building your YouTube Audience”
PATREON: Let me help you grow your channel! http://www.patreon.com/videocreators
LISTEN TO THE VIDEO CREATORS PODCAST
– iTunes: http://go.vcreators.co/vcTViTunes
– Soundcloud: http://go.vcreators.co/vcTVSoundCloud
– Stitcher: http://go.vcreators.co/vcTVStitcher
– Google Play: http://go.vcreators.co/vcTVGooglePlay
MY FAMILY’S VLOGGING CHANNEL