Moving on to Episode 5 where I dig into the types and process of visualizing your data to create persuasive charts and graphs for infographics.
Last episode I showed you how to design, choose colors and how to frame your infographics. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EwDNokZvCE now we get into data visualization with Charts & Graphs.
Topics I cover in this episode include:
– Resisting the urge to immediately choose a chart
– The four types of charts
– Consulting for context before you start creating charts
– Who is your audience?
– What do you want your audience to know?
– What setting can the charts be used in?
– How can you use your data to make a point?
– Defining the focus of the graphic and story you want to tell.
– State your unique point of view
– Define what is at stake
– Using physical markers, pencils and paper to story board your idea
– Refine your chart by decluttering
– Limiting use of colors in charts
– Staying away from chart gridlines and borders
– Limiting eye movement from one end of the chart to another
Downloadable Links and referenced assets.