✎ Ryan Holiday an American best selling author, marketer, and entrepreneur. He’s the media strategist behind authors Tony Robbins and Robert Greene. He’s the former Director of Marketing for American Apparel and an editor-at-large for the New York Observer.
In Ryan Holiday’s new book: “Perennial Seller: The Art of Making and Marketing Work that Lasts”…
How did the movie The Shawshank Redemption fail at the box office but go on to gross more than $100 million as a cult classic?
How did The 48 Laws of Power miss the bestseller lists for more than a decade and still sell more than a million copies?
How is Iron Maiden still filling stadiums worldwide without radio or TV exposure forty years after the band was founded?
He calls such works and artists perennial sellers. How do they endure and thrive while most books, movies, songs, video games, and pieces of art disappear quickly after initial success? How can we create and market creative works that achieve longevity?
Holiday explores this mystery by drawing on his extensive experience working with businesses and creators such as Google, American Apparel, and the author John Grisham, as well as his interviews with the minds behind some of the greatest perennial sellers of our time. His fascinating examples include:
• Rick Rubin, producer for Adele, Jay-Z, and the Red Hot Chili Peppers, who teaches his artists to push past short-term thinking and root their work in long-term inspiration.
• Tim Ferriss, whose books have sold millions of copies, in part because he rigorously tests every element of his work to see what generates the strongest response.
• Seinfeld, which managed to capture both the essence of the nineties and timeless themes to become a modern classic.
• Winston Churchill, Stefan Zweig, and Lady Gaga, who each learned the essential tenets of building a platform of loyal, dedicated supporters.
Holiday reveals that the key to success for many perennial sellers is that their creators don’t distinguish between the making and the marketing. The product’s purpose and audience are in the creator’s mind from day one. By thinking holistically about the relationship between their audience and their work, creators of all kinds improve the chances that their offerings will stand the test of time.
To know more about Ryan, holiday, please visit:
❤ HELP TRANSLATE THIS VIDEO ❤
If you loved this video, help people in other countries enjoy it too by making captions for it. Spread the love and impact.
★ MORE RECOMMENDED VIDEOS FOR YOU ★
If you enjoyed this video, you may enjoy these other videos from Evan Carmichael:
• Warren Buffett’s Top 10 Rules For Success – https://youtu.be/iEgu6p_frmE
• Rich Dad Poor Dad – Robert Kiyosaki’s Top 10 Rules For Success – https://youtu.be/yVfBdFs4_S8
• Bob Proctor’s Top 10 Rules For Success – https://youtu.be/uLn6lpP8YmA
♛ BUY MY BOOK, CHANGE YOUR LIFE ♛
Some used the ideas in this book to build multi-billion-dollar businesses. I’ll give you the simple-yet-powerful formula that they used (and you can) to realize your dreams. Get yours.
✉ JOIN MY #BELIEVE NEWSLETTER ✉
This is the best way to have entrepreneur gold delivered to your inbox, and to be inspired, encouraged and supported in your business. Join #BelieveNation and feel the love.
⚑ SUBSCRIBE TO MY CHANNEL ⚑
If you want to do great things you need to have a great environment. Create one by subbing and watching daily.
¿ COMMON QUESTIONS ¿
• What is #BTA?: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsY8bmTUVP8
• How do I get one of Evan’s t-shirts?: http://evancarmichael.com/gear
• Why does Evan look like Nicolas Cage?: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZHRniTcRwo
• Why does Evan make so many videos? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEKxGA8xr1k
• How do I vote for the next Top 10 video Evan should make?
ツ CONNECT WITH ME ツ
Leave a comment on this video and it’ll get a response. Or you can connect with me on different social platforms too:
• Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/evancarmichael/
• Twitter: https://twitter.com/evancarmichael
• Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/EvanCarmichaelcom
• Website: http://www.evancarmichael.com
Thank you for watching – I really appreciate it 🙂